Actually fixing a bug

Posted on October 13, 2019 with tags opensource. See previous post.

… and so many remain :/

One of the outcomes of my recent (last few years) sports ramp-up is that my opensource work is almost entirely left aside. Having an office job makes it very hard to spend more time sitting at the computer at home too…

So even my travis dashboard was red for a while now, but I didn’t look into it until today. Since I didn’t change anything recently, just travis builds started to fail, I was sure it’s just environment changes that need to be taken into account.

And indeed it was so, for two out of three projects. The third one… I actually got to fix a bug, introduced at the beginning of the year, but for which gcc (same gcc that originally passed) started to trip on a while back. I even had to read the man page of snprintf! Was fun ☺, too bad I don’t have enough time to do this more often…

My travis dashboard is green again, and “test suite” (if you can call it that) is expanded to explicitly catch this specific problem in the future.